Salary: Based On Experience
Darlington Country Club in Darlington, South Carolina is a full-service facility. Our club provides a wonderful area for recreation, sports and dining for many area families and businesses. We have a beautiful tree lined traditional 18-hole golf course that has been undergoing renovations and improvements over the last 3 years. We have newly remodeled Clubhouse and Black Creek Grill and Bar for our members and guests. The clubhouse hosts many banquets and member events. We feature a fully stocked Golf shop and lockers with bag storage for our members. Recently we have installed a new pool and pavilion area and new lighted tennis and pickle ball courts.
Our golf course reflects the Southern Style and charm of our community. We cater to lovers of the great game of golf by offering one of the most challenging and scenic layouts around. We have a knowledgeable and experienced staff that will gladly take care of your needs.
As a member of the Management Team the Head Golf Professional has the responsibility for the overall management of the golf operation while working cooperatively with all other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Class A member of PGA/LPGA
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
· Experience with computerized POS and tee time systems (Jonas a bonus)
· Experience with Golf Genius Tournament Software
- Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, driving range operations, player service operations, cart fleet and may assist with Food and Beverage operations.
- Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the revenues and business plan.
- Creates a customer service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the membership and guests. Ensures that all associates provide a high level of customer service.
- Works closely with all Department Heads and General Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a unified team to provide excellent customer service.
- Marketing of Golf Course and Tournaments within the community to promote increased participation.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership and vision to the golf staff, building people and preparing them for career advancement.
- Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Develop and implement a junior golf program to increase Junior involvement and tournament participation.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints an resolving
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to all new associates.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for ordering, merchandising and maintaining proper merchandise levels based on the needs of the membership.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Incorporating safe work practices in all jobs performed or assigned.
If interested please forward all qualifications to:
Jim Vernon, PGA
Please no phone calls.
Open until filled